Re: compile with VC++ (was: AC_PROG_CC_C_O doesn't work with VC++)

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: compile with VC++ (was: AC_PROG_CC_C_O doesn't work with VC++)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:03:47 +0100

Stepan Kasal wrote:
> I think that the parametr to compile should look like
>                some/path/main.c
> which becomes cfile, and then cofile is assigned as...

Just guessing, but with cl.exe being Bill's C compiler, it
probably doesn't understand `some/path/main.c' as a path name;
(it will try to interpret the `/s' as option precursors, much
 as CP/M used to).  So the OP has forced the parameter passed
to cfile in the Win32 native `some\path\main.c' format, because
that is what cl.exe *requires*.

Regards,
Keith.