Re: configure can not determin 'HAVE_LIMITS'

From: Steven Woody
Subject: Re: configure can not determin 'HAVE_LIMITS'
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:52:20 +0800

Stepan Kasal <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 10:23:55PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
>> #ifdef HAVE_LIMITS
>
> add line
>
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS([limits])
>
> to configure.ac (or configure.in).
>
> HTH,
>       Stepan Kasal

thanks. but still got problem.  if i say, AC_CHECK_HEADERS([limits]) as you
pointed, the the configure script will complain and the HAVE_LIMITS veriable
would't be set because my system (Linux) only get limits.h instead of 'limits'.

so to make 'configure' happy, i changed to AC_CHECK_HEADERS([limits.h]), this
time, 'configure' feels happy and HAVE_LIMITS_H is set properly. but the
third-party headers used in my project requires a HAVE_LIMITS that is still not
set.

my current solution is add the below line into 'config.h.in':

#define HAVE_LIMITS 1

but i think this is not a decent way. any thinking?

--
steven woody (id: narke)

Can two friends sleep together and still love each other in the
morning?

        - When Harry Met Sally... (1989)