Re: useful bug reports

From: Harald Dunkel
Subject: Re: useful bug reports
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:05:47 +0100

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Erm.  Before continuing on this road any further: have you tried using
> cccl?  It's a wrapper script for MSVC designed to do exactly what looks
> like quite a bit of work inside the autotools.  I'm not saying it can't
> be done, or should not be done, but it has been done already, and you
> won't have to wait for it (unless there are bugs, of couse) .  ;-)
>
> http://cccl.sourceforge.net/

I had found wrapmsvc.exe, but I did not know this cccl yet.
Will check.

There might be yet another problem with supporting msvc: Bill's
libraries are not built by 'ar cru', either. AFAIK they have
to be built using link.exe, e.g.

        link.exe /lib /OUT:libmylib.lib foo.obj bar.obj

Please note the missing space between '/OUT:' and the library
name.

The command line to build *.dll might be different.

Currently I am using a small wrapper 'winar' for building
libraries for msvc, and I redefine

        AR="winar"
        ARFLAGS=""

Regards