Re: automake

From: Andre Caldas
Subject: Re: automake
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:00:12 +0900

Hello!

Adnan Shaheen wrote:
Well I am writting some code, you tell me what should the compiler do when I
compile it.
As earlier I told you about I am working on a LINUX machine.

The idea is to check for "features", not OS type.
For example: You should check for the existence of sys/socket.h, and then use
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H

CODE:

#ifdef LINUX
#include <sys/socket.h>
#else // !(LINUX)
#include <winsock.h>
#endif // LINUX

END

I think you understand this simple code, I want to open the socket.h header
when I am under LINUX and winsock.h header when I am working on the WINDOWS
machine. So what the compiler did to me, is that, it was trying to open the
winsock.h header instead of socket.h.

Do you do this?...

#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#  include <config.h>