Re: make is not compiling my files

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: make is not compiling my files
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:53:28 +0100

* Parag N wrote on Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 11:38:44AM CET:
>          I downloaded source rpm.

What source rpm?  Which package?  From where?  Name, URL needed.

> install it in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES.

So your system is a RedHat or Fedora?  Which version?

> then i extract it. I found directory backend which contains many backend
> scanner support files. i also want to add my own backend files so i  add 2
> files in backend directory and modify Makefile.

Which Makefile.in?  You changed the Makefile.in, not the Makefile,
right?

>          before modifying Makefile i have to generate it from running
> configure. I hope i have explained it simple steps what i did and i failed
> to compile those newly added files besides adding them to Makefile and then
> running make on it.
> if require more explanation ask me.

Yes, it needs more explanation.  What are the names of the files you
added?  How _exactly_ did you change the Makefile.in?  Show like this:
copy the original file to Makefile.in.orig and paste
  diff -u Makefile.in.orig Makefile.in

Also show how it fails.  Copy and paste, do not only use prose to
explain technical issues.

Please read http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
carefully.  It is available in several translations, too.  I'm sorry
but if you don't follow those guidelines I'll be unable to help you.