Multiple install targets

From: Marwan Badawi
Subject: Multiple install targets
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:09:56 +0100

Hello all,

I was wondering if it were possible to make multiple install targets using automake. I have a project for building a library and a small binary executable with some test data as an example of how to use the library. What I would like to do is give the user the choice to install either the entire package or just the library. Something in the lines of:
1 - make install to install the library, the executable and the data.
2 - make install-libonly to install the library only.

The default make install should install everything, which is why I can't use the install-data and install-exec rules (as far as I understand how they work, at least).

Thank You.

Marwan