Re: Built sources always regenerated

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Built sources always regenerated
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 11:29:53 +0100

Hello Braden,

I tried to check out openvrml from sourceforge, but anonymous cvs access
doesn't seem to work well at the moment.

But I was able to see the Makefile.am, and the obvious question is:
whe creates
  openvrml/src/libopenvrml/openvrml/Vrml97TokenTypes.txt
and when?

Perhaps you didn't meant to work in directory
  openvrml/src/libopenvrml/openvrml/
but in the top level openvrml?

Then you would need to use the following:
  $(top_builddir)/openvrml/Vrml97Parser.hpp
  $(top_builddir)/openvrml/Vrml97Parser.cpp
  $(top_srcdir)/openvrml/Vrml97Parser.g
  $(top_builddir)/openvrml/Vrml97TokenTypes.txt
  etc.

Please read about top_builddir, srcdir, and such in the Autoconf manual
(and also perhaps in the Automake manual).

Hope this helps,
        Stepan Kasal