Re: libtool does not create '.so' file-extension

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: libtool does not create '.so' file-extension
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:10:38 +0900

Christian Nolte wrote:
Hello,

I have a simple AM-based project here which shall output a single shared
library. The problem is, that the shared library _is_ created by libtool
but does not automatically get the .so file-extension. The Makefile.am
looks like this:

---
lib_LTLIBRARIES = gpgencryption.la

gpgencryption_la_SOURCES = gpgencryption.c
gpgencryption_la_LIBADD = -lgpgme -lgpg-error $(GLIB_LIBS) $(GTK_LIBS)
gpgencryption_la_LDFLAGS = -avoid-version -module

AM_CPPFLAGS = $(GLIB_CFLAGS) $(GTK_CFLAGS) \
                          -DDATADIR=\"$(datadir)\" \
                          -DVERSION=\"$(VERSION)\"

AM_CFLAGS = -Wall

I think you'll find that your ltmain.sh and the libtool.m4 that is included in configure are from different versions of libtool.

rerun aclocal, pointing it at the correct version of libtool.m4 and then autoconf and things should work.

Peter