Re: installing automake 1.9.5 and now libtool isn't working properly.

From: Dale Walsh
Subject: Re: installing automake 1.9.5 and now libtool isn't working properly.
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 02:44:26 -0500

On Jan 13, 2006, at 02:20 , Harlan Stenn wrote:

I have always used modules.sourceforge.net for this problem, but that
also needs a useful "ports" tree to handle installing that way.  You
might try looking at http://staff.e.kth.se/mpkg/ as a starting point.

I couldn't figure out how to use mpkg or install from them (even from the directions) and RPM's don't work in Mac OSX.

The FreeBSD /usr/ports stuff has another way of handling different
versions of the auto* tools.

I'd gladly install a pile of software if I knew what to install to resolve the issue.

Since the issue mainly affects libtool and I've been unsuccessful in determining what Apple does (if they do anything special) to get 1.6 to work I was wondering how libtool is tied in to automake and was wondering how to get it working with 1.9.5 since this seems to be what;s failing.

-- Dale