Re: hello world demo with gtk condition

From: Matt Hull
Subject: Re: hello world demo with gtk condition
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 01:15:34 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 16:41 -0600, Matt Hull wrote:
>
> > i am lost to as why it isnt checking dependencies.
> Let me put it this way: Your tarball shows that you are having several
> further, additional problems.
>
> Have a look at the tarball below, I just scribbled together. May-be it
> gives you some further insights.
>
> Ralf

thanks for the hello demo.  i tried it and it works fine.  i made some
changes to my gtk demo and it still fails with undefined reference to
gtk2.  still kinda lost to how that should work.  it doesnt appear to link
with my gtk2 or try to compile it.  hard to tell what its doing with that
long shell sript.

after looked at your demo....

1) why are the object files named hello-main.o and hello-hello1.o instead
of main.o and hello1.o ?

2) why does automake have a long shell script for compiling?  i dont think
i recall seeing that before (on other packages i have installed on linux).
i see there is an if gcc..... and then there is an extention on the file
.Tpo, then its renamed.

i was working on a makefile without automake and it works fine. however
might get messy as i add compile time package options like gtk1 gtk2
etc..., so i would like to get automake to work eventually.

i updated the source at icarus.cc.uic.edu/~mhull1/mine-0.0.9.tar.gz