make dist in doc directory

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: make dist in doc directory
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:06:34 -0500

Hi,

I've always been under the assumption that 'make dist' would copy the
entire directory in. However, I have in doc/
    $ ls
    cgdb.1        cgdb.txt   fdl.texi  Makefile.am  version.texi
    cgdb.info     ChangeLog  gpl.texi  Makefile.in
    cgdb.texinfo  CVS        htdocs    stamp-vti

After I do 'make dist',
    $ ls
    cgdb.info     ChangeLog  gpl.texi     Makefile.in  version.texi
    cgdb.texinfo  fdl.texi   Makefile.am  stamp-vti

I do have this in my doc/Makefile.am:
    info_TEXINFOS = cgdb.texinfo
    cgdb_TEXINFOS = gpl.texi fdl.texi

    clean-local:
            rm -rf *.t2d

and this in my top level Makefile.am:
    dist-hook:
            rm -rf `find $(distdir) -name CVS`

Any ideas on what is preventing my man page from being put into the dist
hook? An even better question is, is there something special I'm
supposed to do with automake, to tell it I have a man page? For
instance, shouldn't it have a special rule to install the man page when
a 'make install' is done?

Any help would be appreciated,
Bob Rossi