Re: autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:49:58 -0700

old autotools - configure.ac used to be named configure.in - only newer
versions understand configure.ac.

>>> <address@hidden> 2/8/2006 4:24:41 am >>>
Hello

After a lot of struggle and help, I managed to get my programs in an
automake
format (configure;make;make install).  I have used same structure to
all of
them, and had no problem configure; make and make install on my machine
at
home.  Downloading the packages to my pc at the office. just one
package
didn't work.  Configure went ok but when I try make ....

make
cd . && /bin/sh
/home/eduardo/programs/bispec_f90_automake/config/missing
--run autoconf
autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
make: *** [configure] Error 1

There is no configure.in but configure.ac.  missing has a test for it.
What
is going on?

Many thanks

Ed