Re: prevent building static library

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: prevent building static library
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:58:11 +0100

Hi Tommi,

* Tommi Mäkitalo wrote on Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 08:35:48PM CET:

> when building libraries with LTLIBRARIES automake build static and dynamic
> versions of them. But I would like to build only the dynamic one. How can I
> tell automake not to build static libraries?

This article, and whole thread, should help hopefully:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.general/7209
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.general/7205

> It is not only, that I don't need the static libraries, but building both
> doubles compiletime. And even worse: I just tried out ccache, which checks,
> if it has already build the file with the same flags. Building both versions
> with different flags discards always the cached version.

How do you use ccache?  I think that with a non-ancient Libtool version
  ./configure CC="ccache gcc"

should work.  If not, please tell me how I can reproduce this.