Re: How to use BUILT_SOURCES in non-recursive, multi-directory project?

From: Thomas 'Tom' R. Treadway III
Subject: Re: How to use BUILT_SOURCES in non-recursive, multi-directory project?
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:03:23 -0800

On Mar 9, 2006, at 12:57 PM, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Thomas 'Tom' R. Treadway III wrote:

On Mar 9, 2006, at 11:51 AM, Thomas Dickey wrote:
hmm - I can remember when it was a problem (around 1990), but can't
recall whether it was Apollo SR9, SunOS 3 or HPUX.  You did say
"ancient"...
The dirname utility originated in System III. It has evolved through the System V releases to a version that matches the requirements specified in this description in System V Release 3. 4.3 BSD and earlier versions did not include dirname.

yes - for instance, Apollo supported BSD 4.3 and Systerm V environments. Scripts written for the latter could have used dirname, while the former
could not.

(There are still hobbyists running Apollos of course - not I).
Both Apollo, and HP-UX were SysV/BSD hybrids. Sun's under SunOS
(pre Solaris) were BSD.
   trt

--
Thomas E. Dickey