Re: Ada support

From: Tommi Mäkitalo
Subject: Re: Ada support
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:55:58 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 16. März 2006 14:02 schrieb Vadim Godunko:
> Hello,
>
> We are want to add Ada (GNAT Pro and GCC GNAT) support to automake. We
> are have corresponding patch but not sure is it right. So, can you
> please provide documentation about adding support for new languages into
> autoconf/automake/libtools?

Hi,

I'm not really a automake-expert - just a user, but I would like to see your
code. I have a similar problem.

I have created a web-application-server with a template-language for c++
called ecpp, which uses a precompiler to generate cpp-files out of
ecpp-files. Until now I have used a custom-make-rule, but I'm looking for a
way to integrate it better with automake. It would be great, if I could just
enumerate my ecpp-files to generate a plugin-library for tntnet.

Another problem I have are dependencies. Ecpp has es include-statement. The
ecpp-compiler ecppc supports generating make-dependancies like gcc with -M.
It would be great, if I can teach depcomp about this.

I looked at depcomp, but it looks like a monolithic script. What do you think
about some plugin-mechanism for depcomp to teach depcomp about other
programs, which generate dependencies?

Tommi

http://www.tntnet.org