Re: Invoking Build.PL/Makefile.PL from automake?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Invoking Build.PL/Makefile.PL from automake?
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:05:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Tyler MacDonald wrote:

        Libtool puts a valid .so somewhere for me already, so this is what
I'm doing for that right now:

Net-BitTorrent-LibBTT/Makefile: Net-BitTorrent-LibBTT/Makefile.PL
        cd Net-BitTorrent-LibBTT && $(PERL) Makefile.PL \
       CCFLAGS="-I../.. $(CPPFLAGS) $(CFLAGS)"
LDFLAGS=-L$(top_srcdir)/src/libbtt/.libs

        It seems to work fine...

But is not portable. Systems which automatically remember shared library dependencies may cause problems since the installed module is referencing libraries which no longer exist or have been moved. Sometimes libtool must re-link shared libraries at install time so the library dependencies of the installed library are different than the uninstalled one in .libs.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn