Re: Broken makefile given Autoconf version mismatch

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Broken makefile given Autoconf version mismatch
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:19:38 +0200

Hi Alexandre,

* Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote on Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 09:54:31AM CEST:

> (AC_PREREQ would only prevent downgrading autoconf without
> rerunning automake, while we are discussing about upgrading it
> too.)

The patch to add AC_PREREQ to AM_PATH_LISPDIR is necessary not to
prevent the failures Noah described, but simply to prevent users from
trying to use the macro with an Autoconf version that is too old and
does not cause `${datarootdir}' to be defined.  Even if that Autoconf
version is used consistenly, for both tracing from aclocal, and for
generating `configure'.

OK to apply the patch?