Re: dynamic dist?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: dynamic dist?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:33:00 +0200

Hi Tyler,
Tyler MacDonald writes:

        OK, so I might need something more portable than cpio... but the
"\s.*" part does serve a purpose; the MANIFEST file format allows for a
description of the file after whitespace. I guess I could do "[ \t]" or
something else instead of the \s.

Ah, I didn't think of that.  You cannot use \t either, but using a literal
TAB inside the brackets works portably AFAIK.
        - the information only has to live in one place

Yes, that's why I suggested generating it from Makefile.am data.
        Thanks for the insights... I'm going to look more into \s and cpio.

If you're afraid that `cp -p' isn't portable enough, you can still
probably get away with tar, I guess.