Re: depfiles ?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: depfiles ?
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 21:34:24 +0200

Hi Luis,

* Luis Kornblueh wrote on Tue, May 02, 2006 at 10:29:07AM CEST:

> we are trying to get a big an complicated structured Fortran90 code
> running with automake. We have been able to get a lot of things working,
> but now we reached a state, where I would like to ask for help.

It'd be great if you could share some insight gained along the way.

> I got depcomp running with depmode=none and an selfmade dependency
> generator. Cuurently this dependencies are generated to late. A good
> time would be in the make depfiles step in the configure run.

Hmm.  Can't dependencies change when you change source files?  Can't we
achieve the same technique as with C/C++ to produce dependencies as a
side effect of compilation?  (I don't know Fortran90 too well, so bear
with me.)

> How can we get this working?

Describe your setup a bit more; let's see first which way would be best,
and then how to achieve it best.