Re: Common Source code

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Re: Common Source code
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 23:22:59 +0100

On 11/05/06, Warren Young <address@hidden> wrote:
Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> I see two ways: Creating yet another library and then link it with
> lib1 and lib2 and later link to the main code lib1, lib2 and
> liblogger.

That's what I do.

Thanks for all your replies. I followed your advice and now I'm
building lib1 and lib2 and liblogger  should be built and latter
linked to them.

I've created liblogger basically as a new project with configure.ac
and Makefile.am, etc. It builds ok and then I added to Makefile.am of
both lib1 and lib2:
lib1_la_LIBADD = ../../liblogger/src/liblogger.la

But when I try to compile lib1 or lib2 I get:
make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`../../liblogger/src/liblogger.la', needed by `lib1.la'.  Stop.

And this is wierd because in fact I should say to lib1 or lib2 to
build liblogger, if it has not been done already, so that I do not
even have to do that manually. Still, at this time I have not been
worried with that and built liblogger by calling configure and then
make in liblogger dir. lib1 or lib2 are not able to find it as you can
see but liblogger.la is there and built correctly.

Any ideas?

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group