Re: passing parameters to libtool

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: passing parameters to libtool
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:40:03 +0200

Hi David,

* tchize wrote on Tue, May 30, 2006 at 08:34:16PM CEST:

> am using autoconf / automake in a project. We have a problem with some
> static library compilation leading to us needing to pass parameters to
> libtool call at link time. We need to pass it the --preserve-dup-deps
> parameters. However, i found nowhere in automake docs how to do this.
> All automake docs states is that libtool is fully integrated since
> 1.2, but no info on how to pass additionnal parameters.

Per-Makefile:
  AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS = --preserve-dup-deps

or per-target with *_LIBTOOLFLAGS.

(And yes, it is very inconsistent that this flag must be passed before
the --mode, and not after the compiler, where *LDFLAGS go.  TODO item.)

> Need infos on it, this is quite important, our project is currently
> blocked until we resolve this compilation issue. Some of our
> developper are waiting for this soluce :)

Well, was that fast enough?  ;-)

(You may still have troubles getting what you want; but to help more, we
need to see more, like the corresponding Makefile.am parts.)