Re: Manual Example

From: Thomas 'Tom' R. Treadway III
Subject: Re: Manual Example
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 11:55:26 -0700

On May 30, 2006, at 10:18 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Hello Thomas,

* Thomas 'Tom' R. Treadway III wrote on Tue, May 30, 2006 at 07:03:15PM CEST:
Is there a way to have commas in the text of AS_HELP_STRING?
For example:
AS_HELP_STRING([--with-HDF5=INC,LIB],[Location of HDF5 include files
and libraries])
AS_HELP_STRING
vs
AC_HELP_STRING?

It seems not, and it seems we need another macro name to produce a fixed version of AS_HELP_STRING (both a quoting and a counting error: you can actually get in a comma by adding three sets of [ ], but then using the
comma will mess up the counting), to which users will then be able to
upgrade to.
Thanks,
I fell back to:
[  --with-hdf5=INC,LIB     Location of HDF5 header and library]

I suggest using a | instead of a comma, if those are to be alternative
values, or using something like --with-HDF5=PREFIX if the argument is to
mean that the libraries are in PREFIX/lib, and the headers are in
PREFIX/inc.
I was trying to maintain some backward compatibility.

   trt