mailing list administrivia (was: aclocal 1.9.6 and drive letters)

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 00:01:38 -0600

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Andreas Büning wrote:
> > Some weeks ago I sent a mail to the automake-patches mailing list
> > but it never appeared there. Then I tried the bug-automake
> > mailing list. I checked the mailing list archives on lists.gnu.org
> > my posting never appeared.
>
> That is weird, sounds like some spam filter gone too picky.
> Bob, Stepan?

Your message to the automake list went through fine.  And all of the
lists are configured virtually identically.  The spam filtering is
identical between them although the list configurations are
independent.

I looked through the spam trap archive and could not find any messages
posted from your address.  I looked at the automake-patches list and
you are subscribed there where puts your address in the whitelist.  No
checking will be done and any mail with your from address will pass
through without filtering.  On the bug-automake list I see your
address in the whitelist which means messages from you were posted
there and accepted there previously as a non-subscriber and added to
the whitelist.

Did you possibly post from a different address previously?  Was it
different form the one you just now used to post to the list?

I am not really sure what to suggest might be the problem.  But it
would seem to be a problem between your site and the gnu.org site
where the messages never arrived at gnu.org.  If you could look in
your MTA logs to see what the disposition of that message was it would
probably point to a problem there.

Bob