Re: [AM-1.4] "make distclean" tries to build objects

From: Daniel Haude
Subject: Re: [AM-1.4] "make distclean" tries to build objects
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:42:20 +0200

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:08:58 +0200, Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden> wrote:

Probably not.  You are fighting against all the bugs and misfeatures that
have been fixed over the last five years of automake development if you
insist on staying with automake-1.4 (I branched for the 1.4px series in
early 2001).

Not only that -- the problems i had were actually caused by my
involuntarily using a mixture of 1.4 and 1.9. The reason I started in 1.4
in the first place was that this is a project using Glade-2 (a gtk
GUI builder) which generates automake-1.4 files. My "migration" to 1.9
seems to have only worked half way throgh. I've now written everything
from scratch for 1.9 and all works fine.

Thanks,
--Daniel