Re: convenience libraries & binary size

From: Pieter Grimmerink
Subject: Re: convenience libraries & binary size
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 18:12:42 +0200

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 15:26, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Pieter Grimmerink <address@hidden> writes:
> > 1. move all >200 sourcefiles back into a single directory...
> > 2. stop using autotools, so we no longer need convenience libs to
> > handle subdirectories
>
> You don't need convenience libraries to handle subdirectories.  Have you
> tried subdir-objects?  (*Note (automake)Options::.)

Thanks, that saves me a bit of binary size.

And, more importantly, this pointed me into the right direction;
turned out most of the sudden binary size increase was because
my -fno-exceptions CPPFLAG was not correctly passed to the convenience
libraries, so all is fine again after I fixed that.

With the correct flags, the actual difference between subdir-objects and
convenience libraries turned out to be only only a few K's binary size, but
still, since it's for a small system, I'm using subdir-objects now.

Thanks again.

Regards, Pieter