Re: Change a flag for a specific file

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Change a flag for a specific file
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:31:58 +0200

Hello Sylvestre,

It would be helpful if you did not omit the name and date of the quoted
part (makes searching for context much easier), thanks.

* Sylvestre Ledru wrote on Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 12:50:40PM CEST:

> > If it is even important to you to have _only_ one file compiled with
> > this flag, say bar.f, while all the others do not get this flag, you
> > could make the compilation of bar.f special by putting it in a (not
> > installed) library.  For example:

> Your solution is perfect for programs but I would like to use it with a
> library (libtool)
>
> I have :
> lib_LTLIBRARIES = libfoo.la
> libfoo_la_SOURCES = bezous.f
> libfoo_la_LIBADD = libdummy-foo.la
>
> noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libdummy-foo.la
> libdummy_foo_la_SOURCES = hqror2.f
> libdummy_foo_la_FFLAGS = -O0

The above should work fine.

> The problem with this solution is that Automake build libfoo first and
> as libdummy-foo doesn't not exist yet, it fails ("make: *** No rule to
> make target `libdummy-foo.la', needed by `libfoo.la'.  Stop.")

Which Automake version do you use?  Does Makefile.in contain a line of
the form
  libfoo_la_DEPENDENCIES = libdummy-foo.la

generated by Automake?  It does for me, with 1.9.6 as well as 1.9b.