Re: redirecting produced files

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: redirecting produced files
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:50:06 +0200

Isajha,

Please do not start a new thread when replying to a message.  Please
answer to that message by hitting the 'reply' (or similar) button, so
that threading is not needlessly destroyed.

* Isajha wrote on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 10:37:21AM CEST:
> I forgot to mention that for this project it is not allowed to have any
> build system specific files in the source directories.
>
> As for different operating systems different compilers/build
> environments/ide's are used we can not afford to use any toolset that
> requires to clutter our source directories with it's proprietary files.

The Autotools are not proprietary.  And no, I don't think all of your
requirements can be reasonably met without extreme bending over.  Some
packages have tried this again and again, but IMHO it's not worth the
pain.

> What does automake at. It writes all *.o files of for example project_1
> to project_n IN the autotools folder as the Makefile.am is in there.

If you would read what Alexandre and I wrote, you would know how to solve
this particular issue.