Re: trying to install docs that are distributed with my package...

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: trying to install docs that are distributed with my package...
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:48:50 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 06:04:13PM -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> Ed Hartnett <address@hidden> wrote:
>       It sounds like the best plan would be to add a flag to "configure"
> that indicates you want to build docs, like --with-build-docs using
> AC_ARG_WITH. [...]

a quick comment from a purist:
--enable-build-docs, defined using AC_ARG_ENABLE would be more
appropriate here.  (These two are functionally equivalent, it's just
a convention, but following it might prevent confusion.)

As far as the rest of the question is concernet, it might help to see
an example.  Perhaps the problem is that version.texi gets represhed
and triggers the rebuild.

Could you please post a link to a tarball which exhibits the problem?
(If you observed the problem when building from a CVS checkout, please
verify that it reproduces with a tarball made by `make dist'.)

Have a ncie day,
        Stepan Kasal