Dependence on object files listed in link script

From: Tzu-Chien Chiu
Subject: Dependence on object files listed in link script
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:59:40 +0800

Hello, everyone:

I have to put most of the object files in different sections in the
link script, but I find no easy way to make the executables to depend
on these object files. What I do now is to list those object files in
an autoconf variable and substitute them in Makefile.am.

configure.ac:
many_objs="${my_abs_top_builddir}/foo.lo ...."
AC_SUBST(many_objs)

Makefile.am
bin_PROGRAMS = bar
bar_LDADD = @top_builddir@/xyz.la
bar_DEPENDENCIES = $(bar_LDADD) @many_objs@

linkscript.ld:
SECTIONS {
 .a: { foo.o }
 ..
}

When the number of object files grows, it's difficult to maintain
these files. Better approach anyone, please?

--
Tzu-Chien Chiu - SMedia Technology Corp.