Re: Dependency tracking of pre processed Assembler files

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: Dependency tracking of pre processed Assembler files
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:09:30 +0200

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 09:55 +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Ralf Corsepius wrote on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 08:52:42AM CEST:
> > OK, I just was about to try automake-CVS + autoconf-2.60 and now am
> > facing an issue with a package using subdir-objects and *_SOURCES
> > containing *.S + *.c:
> >
> > # autoreconf -Wall
> [...]
> > /opt/gnu/share/automake-1.9c/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCCAS does not
> > appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
> > autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Forgot to add AM_PROG_AS?

Yes, but ... with a simple testcase, I get this warning:

/opt/gnu/share/automake-1.9c/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCCAS does not
appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am: Preprocessed Assembler source seen but `CCAS' is undefined
Makefile.am:   The usual way to define `CCAS' is to add `AM_PROG_AS'
Makefile.am:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
Makefile.am: Preprocessed Assembler source seen but `CCASFLAGS' is
undefined
Makefile.am:   The usual way to define `CCASFLAGS' is to add
`AM_PROG_AS'
Makefile.am:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

With my real world test case, I don't get this warning. Probably because
I am AC_SUBST'ing CCAS and CCASCOMPILE.

> > Is THIS the issue you are referring to?
>
> No.  I was referring to PR 492:
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=automake&pr=492