build and distribute Linux drivers as part of a GNU automake project

From: Vladimir Vassilev
Subject: build and distribute Linux drivers as part of a GNU automake project
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:47:40 +0200

Hello,

I am working on a complex project which involves both userspace applications, libraries and Linux kernel drivers. What is the recommended approach to build and distribute Linux drivers as part of a GNU automake distribution. We hope there is an elegant way to generate the Makefile according to the Linux build system rules and have all the definitions which are common for our userspace and kernelspace code.

If there are projects which address the same issue, please send some pointers.

Regards,
Vladimir