RE: adding libraries and header file directories

From: Jim Rainville
Subject: RE: adding libraries and header file directories
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:50:18 +0100

Hi Ralf -

I'm still struggling with this. I can link by executing the link
manually as you suggested for testing but I'm still having problems
automating it form autoconf/automake. The package I'm using only
supports up to automake 1.9 (that's the highest that is set in the
bootstrap script). But I modified the bootstrap script so that it would
check and use 1.10. When I run the bootstrap script I get the output
below. So, I have 3 questions:
1) Is there any way to set the --preserve-dup-deps flag with automake
1.9?
2) Why do I still get the error 'AM_LIBTOOLSFLAGS' not found in library?
3) What changes have to be made to go from 1.9 to 1.10?

Thanks for your help.
Jim

+ aclocal-1.10 -I m4
/usr/share/aclocal/xml-i18n-tools.m4:27: the serial number must appear
before any macro definition
configure.ac:80: warning: macro `AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS' not found in library
configure.ac:19: error: Autoconf version 2.60 or higher is required
/usr/share/aclocal-1.10/init.m4:103: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded
from...
configure.ac:19: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63
aclocal-1.10: autom4te failed with exit status: 63