Re: Overriding -g -O2

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Re: Overriding -g -O2
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:31:51 +0000

On 11/13/06, Paulo J. Matos <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to override -g -O2 CXXFLAGS set up by default but I'm quite
confused on how to do this. I have specific _CXXFLAGS setup, I have
also tried to setup AM_CXXFLAGS to empty but still those god damn
flags show up when compiling and linking. How can I make them go away?

By passing CXXFLAGS='' to configure I was able to remove -g and -O2
but now with specific _CXXFLAGS during linking, no flags are showing
up. What's the problem? And is passing an empty list of flags to
configure the only way to achieve what I posted originally?

Regards,

Paulo Matos

Regards,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk