Re: c++ link order problems

From: Dan McMahill
Subject: Re: c++ link order problems
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:54:40 -0500

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hello Dan,

Now the problem is that the link order needs to be

src1.o src2.o src3.o src4.o src5.o

Just curious: what's the reason for the ordering constraint?

When static objects use inheritance, the base class must be initialized before anything can be derived from it. At least that's what I've been told. On this particular project, I'm just the build system monkey and not the c++ programmer ;) In fact, I'm not a c++ programmer at all. In the c programs I've written the link order wasn't important.

Looks like your suggestion should work.  I'll give that a try.

-Dan