Unsetting -g -O2

From: Alexander Toresson
Subject: Unsetting -g -O2
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 00:02:01 +0100

Hello!

According to http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg12112.html
, I should be able to override -g -O2 from the default c++ flags by
passing CXXFLAGS to make. However, whatever I do this doesn't seem to
work. I've got AM_CXXFLAGS set to contain the flags needed by the
libraries my program uses. When I do for example make CXXFLAGS="-g" -g
is appended to the cflags, instead of replacing -g -O2.
This leads me to believe that automake adds -g -O2 to AM_CXXFLAGS.
However, if I'd be to modify that one, I'd need to resupply all those
flags the libraries need (and which are currently taken from
pkg-config). Is there any more elegant and handy way of doing it?

Regards, Alexander Toresson