shared libtool noinst_ or check_ libraries?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: shared libtool noinst_ or check_ libraries?
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:06:34 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am writing a tool*) to generate Makefile.am files.  I would
like to produce shared libraries for unit tests with automatic
registration.  I have tried

    # FIXME: check_libraries are always static?
    check_LTLIBRARIES = libtest-foo.la

and

    # FIXME: noinst_libraries are always static?
    noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libtest-foo.la

but both produce static libraries.  In configure.ac I have

    AM_DISABLE_STATIC
    AC_DISABLE_STATIC
    AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

I am producing shared libraries now using just

    # FIXME: always compiled, *and* gets installed
    lib_LTLIBRARIES = libtest-foo.la

Best would be a library that is only compiled for make check,
but they must not be installed.

Jan.

*) http://lilypond.org/~janneke/vc/amgen.git