How to build several bison/flex parsers in one project?

From: Peter Simons
Subject: How to build several bison/flex parsers in one project?
Date: 10 Dec 2006 16:26:40 +0100

Hi,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to build more than one
flex/bison parser into the same binary without running into
symbol conflicts. Originally, I used the "-p <prefix>" flag to
bison and the "-P<prefix>" flag to flex to avoid this kind of
problem, but Automake doesn't want me to use those flags.

So what else can I do?

The documentation provides a list of #defines that supposedly
re-define all yy-style symbols to something else, but where do I
put those defines if I want to build a parser that's based on
flex? The example seems to assume I'm using only bison.

Any hints or illustrative Makefile.am snippets would be highly
appreciated.

With kind regards,
Peter