Re: How do I write a configure.ac file to default sysconfdir to /etc?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: How do I write a configure.ac file to default sysconfdir to /etc?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:21:18 +0100

Hello Jim,

This is actually an Autoconf question.  I don't think that's easy to
infer, though.

* Jim Lynch wrote on Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 07:13:41PM CET:
> [...] if I do a ./configure
> --sysconfdir=/etc I get what I want.  However as I advance in age, I
> forget more than I used to so remembering to add that parameter
[...]

Remember it for all applications that use Autoconf:
  echo sysconfdir=/etc  >>/usr/local/share/config.site

or, if you can still be able to override it from the command line, use
this line:
  test "$sysconfdir" = '${prefix}/etc' && sysconfdir=/etc

Here's more information:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Site-Defaults.html>

Hope that helps.