Re: How do I write a configure.ac file to default sysconfdir to /etc?

From: Jim Lynch
Subject: Re: How do I write a configure.ac file to default sysconfdir to /etc?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:17:47 -0500

Hi, Ralf,

Thanks for the tips.  I'd really like a way to enable this for specific
applications, not as a site default.  I'm afraid of what others might
screw up if they didn't know the sysconf directory was fixed.  Providing
the ability to override that wouldn't help if you didn't know you had to
do it.

I'm assuming that there isn't a way to do it in configure.ac or
Makefile.am or some other local configuration.  If not, I'll just have
to go back to my cludgy way of adding my own rules to copy it to a hard
coded /etc, (Ugh).

Thanks,
Jim.