Re: Desktop file and exec path

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Desktop file and exec path
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:35:19 +0100

Hello Enrico,

* Enrico Sardi wrote on Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 11:56:07PM CET:

> Is there a way to set the "Exec" path in a .desktop file from an
> automake variable?

I don't understand this question, sorry.  It's possible both to read
and to manipulate files in both the configure.ac script as well as in
a Makefile.am rule.  So if that was the question, then the answer is
yes.

If you're asking whether there is a variable predefined by Automake
that will cause some special action pertaining to .desktop files,
similarly to how bin_PROGRAMS will cause it's contents to be built
from its sources, then no, there is no such special Automake action
variable that I know of.  Automake knows little about graphical
desktop environments.

Hope that helps.  If it doesn't, then you may want to describe in
more detail what you are trying to achieve.