Re: HPUX: PARALLEL=4 make -P

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: HPUX: PARALLEL=4 make -P
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:28:16 +0100

Hello Jason, all,

* Jason Kraftcheck wrote on Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 07:34:25PM CET:

> This looks like a race to create .libs by concurrent libtool processes.

Nope.  Unless the output is mangled in order, the link commands are
simply issued too early.  Looks like a bug in HP-UX make.  Haven't
reproduced it yet, though.  My guess is it doesn't understand inference
rules with separated dependencies, when targets and/or dependencies are
in subdirectories.  But I haven't been able to confirm this either.

> Perhaps libtool should check again to see if the directory exists if mkdir
> fails?

It does already.