Re: HPUX: PARALLEL=4 make -P

From: deckrider
Subject: Re: HPUX: PARALLEL=4 make -P
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:01:49 -0700

On 2/14/07, deckrider <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/14/07, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> In other words, this parallel make looks buggy and unusable to me,
> and there is really nothing Automake can do about it.
> Am I missing anything?

Not that I can tell.  Thank you for your efforts in simplifying the
problem so that it is plain to all.

> If you (or someone else who read this far) has a support contract with
> HP, please report this as a bug and report back the tracker URL if
> publicly available.  Thanks.

I have reported this bug using your self-contained example:

http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/mcmItrc/viewCallReq.do?callID=3217798259

However, the above URL may not be publicly available without a support contract.

Some follow-up was provided by HP on this:

"This appears to be a bug. I found a bug report, JAGaf76708, that
describes this problem. I found the patch for 11.11, PHCO_31907. I
tested it and it does fix the problem. I have not found a patch for
11.23. I will check with the lab and let you know something soon."