Re: generated ChangeLog

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: generated ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:37:57 +0000

I've had similar problems with the NTP release.

I ended up using 'foreign' for that and other reasons.

I have also since decided to have 3 files in the top-level directory.

The NEWS file is now high-level release notes.

The ChangeLog file is now a human-edited list of short changes (one
liners describing each bug fixed, new features, etc).

The CommitLog file is auto-generated from our code-management system.

This mostly works well enough for me now.  Mostly.