Re: generated ChangeLog

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: generated ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:49:25 -0600

Stepan Kasal wrote:
> Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > If you use AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = foreign then automake should not complain.
>
> yes, this is good note, thanks.  I wanted to keep the gnu strictness,
> since I hoped Automake would also check other things for me.
>
> But perhaps this is the best solution, after all...

If the choice is a generated ChangeLog or using 'foreign' then a third
choice would be to use ChangeLog as a small pointer describing how to
get the change log information from version control.  I do that on
some work projects that have not previously kept a ChangeLog.  If a
ChangeLog file exists then the check is satisfied.

Bob