Re: Lost in automatic dependencies

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Lost in automatic dependencies
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:16:32 +0200

* Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote on Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 11:06:31PM CEST:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 10:48:24PM +0200,
>  Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote
>  a message of 16 lines which said:
>
> > Please show the configure output around "checking dependency style".
>
> gcc version 3.3.3 (NetBSD nb3 20040520)
> configure:19139: checking dependency style of cc
> configure:19229: result: none
> configure:19248: checking dependency style of g++
> configure:19338: result: none

So that's where it goes bonkers.  All other clues are followups.  Next
round: How exactly was configure invoked (I suppose you didn't pass
--disable-dependency-tracking ;-), and could you show the configure.ac
up to AC_PROG_CXX?

If that doesn't provide good clues, then I'll probably need to see
configure output with `set -x' added somewhere before the depmode tests
(and `set +x' somewhere after, to avoid noise) and maybe even with `set
-x' added at the top of the depcomp script (the script is used by the
configure tests).  What version is the depcomp script anyway?