Re: Lost in automatic dependencies

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
Subject: Re: Lost in automatic dependencies
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 22:47:28 +0200

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 12:13:26AM +0200,
 Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> This shows the result as loaded from the cache file (config.cache)
> or possibly from /usr/local/etc/config.site,

Indeed, removing /usr/local/etc/config.site solved the problem (the
cache was innocent; I've already tried to delete it.) Now, when I
modify ".h" files, everything is compiled again.

And I get:

configure:19140: checking dependency style of cc
configure:19230: result: gcc3
configure:19249: checking dependency style of g++
configure:19339: result: gcc3
configure:19576: checking for gcc

So, we've found the guilty, thanks. Here is the config.site in case
someone finds the bug in it:

# config.site for configure. See (autoconf) Site Defaults
#

# Give Autoconf 2.x generated configure scripts a shared default
# cache file for feature test results, architecture-specific.
if test "$cache_file" = /dev/null; then
  if test "$prefix" = NONE; then
    prefix=$ac_default_prefix
  fi
  cache_file="$prefix/var/tmp/config.cache"
  if ! test -d `dirname $cache_file`; then
     mkdirhier `dirname $cache_file`
  fi
  # A cache file is only valid for one C compiler.
  # We have strange autoconf problems with gcc3/pkg
  #CC=/usr/pkg/gcc3/bin/gcc
  #LD=/usr/pkg/gcc3/bin/gcc
  #LD=env
  #CPP=/usr/pkg/gcc3/bin/cpp
  #CXX=/usr/pkg/gcc3/bin/c++
  #CPLUSPLUS=$CXX
  CC=gcc
fi

# Use the packages
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/pkg/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/lib

# Otherwise, libtool tries to use it even for pure-C programs!
F77=false

# Use GNUTLS
with_gnutls=yes