Re: renamed objects and other languages

From: Benoit Sigoure
Subject: Re: renamed objects and other languages
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:27:08 +0200

Quoting Florian Briegel <address@hidden>:

Hello Florian,
please avoid top-posting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting)

Thanks, for the fast reply. I know that I can do it this way.

But I really want to put only foo.x into aaa_SOURCES

Why?
`foo.x' is not a direct source of `aaa'. It's a source of a source of `aaa'.
Hence the:

(nodist_)aaa_SOURCES = foo.cc foo.h
BUILT_SOURCES = foo.cc foo.h
<rules to build foo.cc and foo.h from foo.x>
EXTRA_DIST = foo.x

Is there any reason why you would not want to do this?

With the normal build it works perfect. But not with this automatic renaming
thing, because automake puts this rule int the Makefile:

 aaa-foo.o: foo.x

and in my opinion it should put this in it,

 aaa-foo.o: foo.cc

How is it meant to do this guess?
Simply list in the *_SOURCES the real sources and it will work this way.

It makes no sense to me to compile foo.x with g++

Is this a bug or a feature ?

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory