Re: Problem with distribution of bin_SCRIPTS

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: Problem with distribution of bin_SCRIPTS
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:29:20 +0100

Hey,

Do you know about VPATH builds?

Yes, what an idiot I was not to consider this.

You also made a typo, (s/CLEAN_FILES/CLEANFILES/) but make distcheck
would have revealed this problem too.

Ah yes, it was doing - I wonder how that slipped in there.

I also recommend passing the
`foreign' option to AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE so that you don't have to supply
all these empty files.

Don't worry, the example looks nothing like my package - I only put
all those files there to keep automake quite. Thanks for the tip
though.

Thanks for your help... it's working great now!

Best,

Noah

--
"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman