Re: Is including a custom dist-foo into distcheck impossible

From: deckrider
Subject: Re: Is including a custom dist-foo into distcheck impossible
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 06:16:33 -0600

I do something similar for building an nsis-based win32 installer:

http://pidgin-bs.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pidgin-bs/bot-sentry/trunk/configure.ac?revision=165&view=markup

http://pidgin-bs.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pidgin-bs/bot-sentry/trunk/Makefile.am?revision=165&view=markup

Note that these are conditional targets, since I want the package to
build/distcheck even on hosts that don't have makensis installed and
available.

I don't know that my way is 'correct' and although it appears to work,
I'm open to any improvements that may be noticed.

<offTopicForAutomake>

Also, you may wish to reconsider whether it is wise to include a
debian target/directory directly, or whether you might follow the
usual convention for delivering debian source packages:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-request-tracker-maintainers/2006-October/000175.html
http://osdir.com/ml/linux.debian.devel.mentors/2002-11/msg00143.html
http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

(address@hidden is a good place for further discussion)