Re: bison output directory

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: bison output directory
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 17:50:06 +0200

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 11:06:30AM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> Well, all I can tell you is what works for me. I have both the .yxx and
> .ll files in $(top_srcdir)/foo. I put the generated .cpp files at the same
> level, in $(top_srcdir)/foo. My Makefile.am has,
>
> libfoo_a_SOURCES= \
>   FooGrammar.yxx \
>   FooLexer.ll \
>   Foo.cpp \
>
> After I modify the .yxx file, and then type 'make', automake ensures
> that the generated file in my source tree is updated.
>
> Maybe you should start from scratch, remove the generated file from the
> build tree, and try again.

Hmm, this is pretty much what I did. I have

foo_SOURCES = foo/foo.c foo/foo_parse.y foo/foo_scan.l foo/foo_state.c

in $(top_srcdir)/Makefile.am. I moved foo_parse.[ch], foo_scan.c from
$(top_builddir) to $(top_srcdir)/foo. When I type "make", the files are
generated in $(top_builddir); the files in $(top_srcdir)/foo are not
updated.

Moreover, "make distclean" in $(top_builddir) doesn't delete the
generated files.

I've also tried:

* Copying ylwrap to $(top_srcdir).

* Creating foo/Makefile.am, updating AC_CONFIG_FILES and rebuilding.

Neither one helped.

I assume the difference shouldn't be the fact that you generate C++
source. What else could affect the behavior? Which version of automake
do you have? Do you have ylwrap in $(top_srcdir)?

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/